Sunday, September 19, 2010

Time Flies when You're Having Fun...

It is crazy how fast a week can fly by, with so much happening everyday!...then again, that's one of the reasons the time flies...

All the happenings of this week have somewhat blurred together. Some of the highlights were getting to play more with the kids at PE, pulling two HUGE brown, leaflike crabs out of the pool, coming up with last minute games for the kids to play when their swimming times gets "thundered and lightening-ed" out (we still swim if it's only raining), teaching one of the morning devotions to the 7th graders (I got to teach them SOAP! How fun is that?!?!), playing soccer with the HS boys and blocking a few passes, going to chapel with the middle school and HS and watching them praying with one another, hanging out at the home of 5 of the Logos teachers, going to the Russian market (it's on Russian street, so that's how it got its name. It has nothing to do with Russia), hanging out on the town with some more teacher friends and friends of friends, watching Top Gun, thoroughly enjoying one of the 5th grade students named Daniel do an impression of the youtube "Ouch Charlie", and TRULY taking a Sabbath today (Sunday)-just relaxing and resting in the LORD...not to mention, classes on top of all of that (which Dani has OBVIOUSLY more to do with that than I do...most of the time I am just reading during class or helping with small projects)!

Now you can see a little better what I mean when I said, "so much happening"! :) I can see that it is taking a lot out of Dani, and she made a REALLY great point last night when we were talking about being tired! We were talking with our friend, Erin, about how it's not that they are necessarily more busy here in Cambodia than they would be at home, but they are just more emotionally invested in everything going on here...with the kids, with praying for the school, with the holidays that are just so spiritually heavy for the whole country (like Pchumben). I can TOTALLY see what they mean, and I have only been here for 3 weeks...but what a greater witness to the truth of 2 Cor. 12:10, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.".....AMEN!!!

Hanging out with the girls was such a FUN night!! I have had to realize that I cannot steal Dani away from all these people, because I am only here for a short period of time, and when I'm gone, I don't want her to feel like she has pushed away other relationships in this month so that she could hang out with me and cater to me! It was never my intention to do so, but it is only normal to gravitate toward the familiar in the midst of somewhat unfamiliar. I am SOOO blessed the more I am reminded of what a great friend I have in her and that the LORD has given me this time with her as a gift!! That being said, it is just lovely to see her relationships she has created with these awesome women with the same heart to serve and make Him known!! I LOVED being able to see the hearts that these women have for all the students! With such a high turnover rate of teachers, I can see how it would be difficult to have any sort of consistency, because with every new teacher, come new ideas. Watching them come together on certain issues concerning the students was such a beautiful picture of the body of Christ working together in the unity of the Spirit! Regardless of our backgrounds, our theologies, our age, the Spirit was binding us together, giving us one-mindedness, the mind of Christ. Just one more awe-striking moment of how INCREDIBLY INTRICATE our precious Jesus works for His Name's sake!

Like I said, we are going on the staff retreat this week from Weds-Fri, and I am excited to have the privilege of tagging along! After the retreat, Dani and I are planning on going to Takeo, where they have planted a church. I'm not positive on all that we will be doing when we get there, but I am always up for an adventure, and where Dani and Reed are gathered, there is sure to be an adventure close behind soon to be had!!! :)

So, please be praying for the staff and for Christ to unite them on this retreat, for the church in Takeo, for safe travel, and for God to continue to use me for His glory on the last bit of this trip! Pray I stay focused on the work He has for me here, and not to dwell on home and being there just yet! I miss you all, and love you immensely, but I am still here, because this is where Christ has me for the rest of this month! :) I CANNOT wait to see all of you when I get home, though!

Peace and blessins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment