Monday, August 23, 2010

In You...

I was not planning on writing a blog today, because when I got to the library earlier today, I was just so unmotivated to write for some reason...I know, must be a shocker, that I can be unmotivated to write...but it happens...I don't really know what it was...tiredness, missing people back home, worrying, I'm not sure. But, what I do know is I left the library feeling just sorta bad. I can't really describe it. So, I went back to the guesthouse and decided that I needed to pray about my attitude and this odd "gloom" that had sort of clouded over me. I knew I needed some rest, so I laid my head on my pillow, began praying to my LORD, and He just confirmed what I was doing, "Rest. I will take care of everything!" So, I turned on some Shane and Shane (to block out the construction right outside my screen window) and fell fast asleep! I had planned on calling my little friend Joel to take me shopping after he got out of schol at 4, so I set my alarm for 3:45. At 3:44, I woke up, and the words playing to one of my favorite Shane and Shanes played assuringly in my ear,

"In You
I find my rest
In You
I find my death
In You
I find my all and my emptiness
Somehow it all makes sense
In You"

Wow!! Then, the LORD said, "Get up! Pray for your journey." I'm still not exactly sure what journey He is referring to, but I got up and prayed, nonetheless. I knew that I needed to come and write in here what I was meaning to say earlier, so I headed to the library (and I also do not think I am going to go shopping today. Maybe tomorrow). I'm not sure about the internet availability in Calcutta, and I am unsure if I will be able to write tomorrow, depending on when the Community Health Team makes it back from the village, so I knew this might be my last opportunity for a while.

There was a new girl who came to BBH just yesterday. Her name is Liz, and she just finished Med School in Australia (She is from New Zealand). We had breakfast this morning togeher, and I was praying in my journal this morning for her, and I said something along the lines of, "LORD, I pray that you intertwine her path with someone here who will be able to share the gospel with her." Throughout my conversation with her this morning, I began to think that she might not know te gospel at all. But right then, as I wrote that, God said, "You. You still have 2 more days here, and I am choosing you." I was praying for SOMEONE ELSE, but I have learned that when we pray for something, God is going to answer how HE wants! I am going to have dinner with her tonight at the guest house, and I think that is when I am going to share with her. Crazy thing is, she is sitting right next to me at the computers as I type! Hahaha! For some reason, I still get nervous to share sometimes. I'm still human, you know. But, the crazy thing about that is, I SHOULD be OVERJOYED with sharing about my Jesus and what He has done for me and all of humanity! He offers SUCH a gift that I have been blessed to receive, and I should want to share it with everyone I meet!! So, I think more than anything, I worry about how I will bring it up, but I know that God has very easily provided a way for me in the past, He provided a way for me to get to INDIA, so He is MORE than capable to do this! The main reason I share this with y'all now, too, is for accountability. So, be praying for my conversation with her tonight (dinner is at 6, which is 7:30AM Texas time), but if you are not awake, pray that God continues to work and move in her heart! :)

Also, I just received an email back from Kativa (the woman I met on the plane from Frankfurt to Bangalore), and she wanted me to come visit her on Weds, but that is when I leave for Calcutta, so I just told her that I was leaving that day, but I am hoping that our paths cross some other time in the future and hoped to stay in contact with her! So, you can be praying for her too!!

Thank you all for praying! I am hoping to be able to find someway to write in Calcutta, but if not, then I will just journal really well, and then update when I get to Cambodia!

2 comments:

  1. megan!!
    i was reading this post and when i got to the part about you asking to pray for your conversation at dinner tonight, i looked at the time and it was 8:29am here. literally ONE MINUTE before dinner time there. needless to say, i just finished saying a quick prayer for you! i hope that everything continues to go well - you are such an encouragement to me!
    mera

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord delights in your obedience!! Thank you for working for His Kingdom! Thank you for being salt and light. May He continue to bless you richly as you seek to glorify Him. Love you, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete